We repeatedly hear “there are no hobby shops in the Reno area”, and that’s as far from the truth as possible. Please check out and support these local hobby shops so they can continue to support us!
- HC&M Hobbies, Sparks: specializing in all things R/C. This is the best place to go for repairs and help with setting up helicopters and airplanes. And if Mark doesn’t have what you need, he makes a daily run to the Great Planes/Hobbico warehouse to get what you need for your traditional R/C hobby. He also is a dealer for Horizon Hobby.
- The Drone Store, Reno: specializing in drones, FPV racing, aerial photography and fixed wing aircraft. Justin and Zach have a lot of new and cool stuff on the shelf from DJI, Taranis and Horizon Hobby. Drone repair services offered here.
- CKRC Hobbies, Reno: Jason and his crew know cars and scale off-road and rock climbing trucks/buggies. An outdoor dirt track is onsite that also includes an off-road trials course. They also carry drones, planes and boats but can get you almost anything you are looking for via their regular pick-ups from the Great Planes/Hobbico warehouse and Horizon Hobby connection.
- Whip It RC Raceway and Hobbies, Reno: Out in Panther Valley, there is a place where the only indoor dirt race track in the area can be found. They also have deals and parts in their retail area.
- Time Square Trains, Reno: specializing in new and used trains.
Now you know that there are PLENTY of hobby shops in the Reno area to support your hobby habits. Please support your local hobby shops and let them know that you support the High Desert Radio Control Club in Fernley!
This has to be the worst winter for weekend flying in recent history. I know we are anxiously awaiting the arrival of warmer and dryer weekends so we can get our winter projects flying. But while we wait, check our FREE classified ads section on our website. It’s simple to signup for a free website account if you want to post of your R/C items for sale.
Welcome to new club members Stephen S., Angela C. and Michael J. We look forward to many fun days of flying. Thanks for supporting our club!
Welcome to our newest club members, Kevin Richardson, Daniel Mitchell, Mark Genung and Alex Kramer!
Thanks for supporting our club!
Welcome to Gary H. and Geoff H. of Fernley, NV. Both joined the AMA and our club on May 1st. Gary and Geoff are receiving flight instruction from our club instructors and they are practicing at home with the Real Flight 7.5.
Real Flight 7.5 flight simulators have been donated by CKRC Hobbies and Great Planes.
Welcome to Pat H. (a.k.a. “Yoda) of Fallon. Pat is a multirotor pilot and interested in learning to fly fixed wing aircraft. He is also a new member of the AMA.
We are watching the weekend weather forecast and it’s looking acceptable with warm temps and a little breezy. If the weather does go bad, we will setup the swap meet and auction in the large hangar.
See you at Tiger Field!
Welcome and thank you to Great Planes. Our newest event sponsor!
Pre-Registration for the Swap Meet & Fun-Fly closes Wednesday night.
Benefits of Pre-Registration:
- Avoid the delay or registering when you arrive
- You get entered into an exclusive raffle that is only for pre-registrants
- We will like you a little more!
You could win one of many quadcopters and other prizes from CKRC Hobbies, The Drone Store, Big Smile Family and Laser Cutting by John.
For those wishing to pay with cash at the day of the event but still want to pre-register to have a chance at winning a door prize, you can do just that.
Use Coupon Code payatevent during checkout and you will not be charged until you check in to the registration tent the day of the event.
We appreciate everyone using the pre-registration process…it helps us determine the amount of resources we will need.