Have you checked out our YouTube Channel lately? There are new videos posted from the recent trek out to the Silver Springs dry lake bed. Here is Jim’s Eurofighter.
We had a great turn out at the Member’s Meeting last night, which included a few new faces. Look out for Caleb and Rager at the flying field and help them along as the begin their RC flying journey.
We have a lot of events and work ahead of us to include acquiring non-profit status, participating in the Reno Mini Maker Faire, Fernley 4th Celebration and the newly scheduled “Drone Wars” event which will be held on July 12th. To make all of this possible and get the most out of each event, we need volunteers. Here is a short list of tasks we could use help on from you or maybe you have connections that would like to lend a hand:
- Completing paperwork to incorporate as a non-profit entity in Nevada (anyone have a lawyer friend willing to advise/guide us?)
- Setup at the Maker Faire on June 7th, in Reno
- Bring in your aircraft and related items that you built (in part or full) for display at the Maker Faire
- Man the booth for a few hours at the Maker Faire on June 7th
- Setup at the Fernley 4th of July Celebration
- Bring in any aircraft you have for display at the Fernley 4th Celebration
- Man the booth for a few hours at the Fernley 4th Celebration
This is a team effort and every little bit of effort helps. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The application for HDRCC to setup a booth at the Reno Mini Maker Faire has been submitted. This is a great opportunity to attract new members, interact with the community and see what other cool things people are making.
We have a few people who have stepped forward to volunteer with helping out with setup, manning the booth and tear-down. If you would like to help with this noble mission, please contact the Secretary, John. Reno Mini Maker Faire Saturday, June 7th Outside Lear Theater, 528 W 1st St., Reno
Did you know that this website has a Classified Ads page? And it’s FREE! All you have to do is sign up for a free account on this website and then you can post your RC items you have for sale until the cows come home.
You can always rely on RCGroups and Ebay to attract the widest range of viewers, but if you don’t want to hassle with shipping and you would rather make a quick sale locally, then try us out. Just fill out the form, add up to 10 photos and add your contact info.
Click on the “Classifieds” link at the top of this website to access.
An audit of the club roster was just completed and our numbers have dropped, slightly. We still have nineteen (19) members in the club, and that’s not too shabby! But now it’s time to recruit.
Did you know that if you get three (3) new or former AMA members to sign-up that you can get a one (1) year AMA membership for free? Here is a link to the details :
We’ve been watching our standings on Google, specifically the search phrase “Nevada RC Club”. Before last week, our web site was being listed around page 4 or 5 of the search results, which means there are 40 to 50 other pages that are listed before us. As of today, we are coming in on the first page at #5. This means it is now easier to find us on Google and other search engines.
You can help to help us achieve the #1 spot by following these simple steps:
- go to www.google.com
- search for “Nevada RC Club” and look for this listing
- No matter where the homepage is listed in the search results, click on the link and let the page load.
- And since you are now at our homepage, you might as well browse around and see what is new, upload some RC photos, post items on the classifieds or post something on the forums. All of these actions will help us on the search engines.
It started a little windy but the weather turned in our favor. We had a full house with lots of flying and deals to be had. Thanks to all those who participated and helped make this event happen.