We repeatedly hear “there are no hobby shops in the Reno area”, and that’s as far from the truth as possible. Please check out and support these local hobby shops so they can continue to support us!
- HC&M Hobbies, Sparks: specializing in all things R/C. This is the best place to go for repairs and help with setting up helicopters and airplanes. And if Mark doesn’t have what you need, he makes a daily run to the Great Planes/Hobbico warehouse to get what you need for your traditional R/C hobby. He also is a dealer for Horizon Hobby.
- The Drone Store, Reno: specializing in drones, FPV racing, aerial photography and fixed wing aircraft. Justin and Zach have a lot of new and cool stuff on the shelf from DJI, Taranis and Horizon Hobby. Drone repair services offered here.
- CKRC Hobbies, Reno: Jason and his crew know cars and scale off-road and rock climbing trucks/buggies. An outdoor dirt track is onsite that also includes an off-road trials course. They also carry drones, planes and boats but can get you almost anything you are looking for via their regular pick-ups from the Great Planes/Hobbico warehouse and Horizon Hobby connection.
- Whip It RC Raceway and Hobbies, Reno: Out in Panther Valley, there is a place where the only indoor dirt race track in the area can be found. They also have deals and parts in their retail area.
- Time Square Trains, Reno: specializing in new and used trains.
Now you know that there are PLENTY of hobby shops in the Reno area to support your hobby habits. Please support your local hobby shops and let them know that you support the High Desert Radio Control Club in Fernley!